QTeletextMaker is a free and open-source teletext page editor, written with the cross-platform Qt 5 widget toolkit. On Linux it can be compiled from the source available on GitHub, and periodically a Windows executable is released.
The editor is still officially in alpha status, but is very usable.
The editor has an emphasis on Level 2.5 enhancement editing.
It features a fully interactive X/26 Local Enhancement Data triplet editor, allowing one to enter triplets and see the enhancement effects immediately. Additionally there is a box allowing editing of X/28 enhancements such as Default Screen or Row Colours and CLUT remapping, and a palette editor.
- Load and save teletext pages in TTI format.
- Can import and export single pages in t42 format.
- Can export a single page as a PNG image or to the edit.tf and zxnet online page editors.
- Undo and redo of editing actions.
- Configurable zoom.
- View teletext pages in 4:3, 16:9 pillar-box and 16:9 stretch aspect ratios.
The editor is bundled with some example pages demonstrating some aspects of Level 2.5 teletext and allowing one to get an idea of how X/26 enhancements are laid out and applied.